My wallet contains:
- driver’s license,
- auto insurance ID card,
- a “Moshiach flag” pin – the flag of King Messiah,
- cards for my internist and for my social worker, an older adult care manager,
- student ID for the University of Missouri – Kansas City (UMKC),
- a card for the pharmacy manager where I have prescriptions filled,
- my Medicare ID Card (Lest you think that this is careless, I cut out my Social Security number.*),
- a card for airport transportation and another for taxi service,
- a partial list of kashruth symbols from the Chicago Rabbinical Council,
- a supply of personal cards with my address, phone numbers, email address, and my web site address,
- a spare key for a Club security device that I haven’t been using,
Note that there are no credit or debit cards in my wallet. I keep those separate from my address and telephone number to diminish the risk of identity theft.
* I cut out my Social Security number – Once I established a billing relationship with my internist, all referrals accept the oral recitation of my social security number.